In this special episode of The Lion’s Den, Paul Hodges, chairman of New Normal Consulting and trusted economist for the World Economic Forum, returns for a timely discussion with Sawchuk Wealth’s Terry Sawchuk about the Russian invasion of Ukraine and its potential big-picture impacts on world markets and economies.
Some of the topics Sawchuk and Hodges discuss during this conversation include:
- Why Hodges believes the markets and world economies will experience more downside
- The possible motivations of Russian President Vladimir Putin and the future steps he may take
- Whether or not Hodges believes that Russia will ultimately occupy the entire country of Ukraine
- The potential impact of today’s high oil prices on the economy and why it may lead to a recession
- Why raising interest rates is likely not the most effective solution for our current inflationary environment
- The possible political impacts of the crisis and how the U.S. can handle it diplomatically through a historical lens
- The chances of an internal regime change occurring within the Russian government
- How Hodges would allocate his portfolio right now in the current environment
- The signals that may indicate it is time for investors to re-enter the equity markets
Any information discussed in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be any kind of recommendation or financial advice. The information contained in this video is intended for informational purposes only. Any opinions are those of Terry Sawchuk and not necessarily those of JW Cole Financial, Inc. or JW Cole Advisors, Inc.
Securities offered through J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. (JWC) Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through J.W. Cole Advisors, Inc. (JWCA). Sawchuk Wealth and JWC/JWCA are unaffiliated entities.