In this episode of The Lion’s Den, host Terry Sawchuk, founder and chairman of Sawchuk Wealth, interviews Paul Hodges, chairman of New Normal Consulting, from the U.K. to help U.S. investors gain a third-party perspective on our markets and economy. As a trusted expert who provides economic guidance to the World Economic Forum, Hodges understands how demographics influence the markets over the long run, which is something we believe many investors overlook but should be aware of.
Some of the topics Sawchuk and Hodges discuss during this conversation include:
- The current state of the global equity markets and where they may be headed
- How changes in populations and demographics impact the markets and economy
- Potential ways for the U.S. to earn enough capital for our spending without raising taxes
- How inflation shifts government policies and consumer perspectives
- Effects the labor crisis may, or may not, have on the markets
- Thoughts on Tesla’s market performance and the future of the automotive industry
- Whether or not we are in the midst of a financial cold war with Russia and China
- The risks and potential solutions if China and the U.S. cut off economic ties
Any information discussed in this article is for educational purposes only. It is not meant to be any kind of recommendation or financial advice. The information contained in this video is intended for informational purposes only. Any opinions are those of Terry Sawchuk and not necessarily those of JW Cole Financial, Inc. or JW Cole Advisors, Inc.
Securities offered through J.W. Cole Financial, Inc. (JWC) Member FINRA/SIPC. Advisory services offered through J.W. Cole Advisors, Inc. (JWCA). Sawchuk Wealth and JWC/JWCA are unaffiliated entities.